Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Seminar Reflection

One of the things that was discussed today during class that I found very interesting was the idea of what differentiates humans from animals in regards to being evil. Many people said that it is not possible for animals to be evil, only because humans created this concept of evil and we know the differences between what is evil and what is not. It is hard for me to decide what to think of this. I do not see a difference in humans killing humans and animals killing animals, unless it has to do with acquiring food and survival. There are so many exceptions to this question. There are times when humans kill humans just to kill, and there are times when they have to kill for the protection of their life. The same goes for animals. Because of all of these exceptions, it is difficult to decide on a conclusion for this. Sometimes I even believe that murder does not necessarily always make a person evil and that animals can be evil, just like humans. Other times I think differently. I feel like the discussion kept going back and forth, but it was a very in-depth discussion with great thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment